Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Strolling Down Memory Lane (AKA Staff Circle)

Dan's at Ft. Gillem this week taking a class. We spent 2 1/2 years living on base there - it's the longest we've lived anywhere. He drove by our old house. We were in the midst of our struggle with infertility when we were there and I didn't work. I put ALL of my energy and angst into the yard. Dan drove by to take pictures of all of my pretty flowers and beds I put in that are still there. He said the altheas we dug up out of the woods (he got poison ivy for his efforts) and starting from clippings from my Mom's yard in Florida are a beautiful hedge row now. My tiger lilies have been divided and put into several of the beds and my lorapetalum are gorgeous. I've never lived anywhere long enough to see my yard come to fruition if that makes sense. It makes me feel good to know people have been taking care of it! Maybe we'll get to stay in Maryland long enough to enjoy the fruits of my labor here.

No comments:

Post a Comment