After our Friday at Silver Dollar City, we had planned to go camping at Johnson's Shut-ins. The shut-ins were totally booked up. No camping. Instead, Dan wanted to go to SDC with us on his Monday vacation day. The park was EMPTY. We didn't wait in a single in. We walked onto every ride and in some cases, got to stay on the ride to ride again.
We started the day at the Wildfire. I didn't let Allie ride it on Friday since no one else could. Jaelyn was hoping to ditch her yellow band in favor of a new 52" pink band that would give her all access. No such luck. She measured in at 51 5/8"...so close, but soooo far away!
| We are mad because we didn't get to ride the Wildfire. |
| Well, maybe I did :). It's the first - and the last - time I ride in the front row. So crazy scary, but also crazy fun. |
| Caden loves the giant barn swing. This is one of the ride he was waiting to ride. |
Seriously, who doesn't love the carousel?
It was hot that day. We normally bypass the shows for the rides, but we needed some air conditioning. We went to the saloon show. It had us all laughing and Allie LOVED the can-can girls. I wouldn't be surprised to catch Allie practicing her high kicks in her room.
Dan said he'd ride the water rides with the kids. I brought my raincoat with me just encase I got a crazy hair and decided to ride too. It's a good thing because Dan didn't bring a change of clothes which left only little ole me to ride with them. They ended up soaking wet, but other than my bottom and some damp socks, I was okay. We rode the log flume twice.
I got in trouble on the lazy river for putting my feet up. I was bad and as soon as we turned the corner, they were back up.
I was sad we didn't get to go camping, but it was a fun family day and a great way to end our summer!
The ferris wheel is my speed. I hate roller coasters.....they give s a nose bleed. Go figure.
ReplyDelete