Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Dan's Imaginative Play

Dan and I play so differently with the kids.  Last weekend, everyone was B-O-R-E-D.  Dan gave them bags and told them each to go find potion ingredients in the backyard.  They came back with all sorts of things.  He had them write out a recipe for their potions and then helped them make them.  Allie was first up with an immobility potion.  She was very creative with her ingredient list.


Dan helped her cook it up on the stove.
 
 
 
And then Jaelyn agreed to be the test subject.
Allie might need to refine her potion a little.
 
Caden and Jaelyn were next.  Jaelyn made a love potion.  I'm not sure what Caden's potion was supposed to do.
 
There were a lot of kitchen skills in their play time.  They chopped and diced.



Caden even had to crush a few things before cooking up his mixture.
 

 
Allie agreed to be Jaelyn's test subject, but as far as I know, Allie doesn't love any boys and no boys love her...although, now that I think about it, there in one boy this is driving her crazy this week.  Maybe Jaelyn's potion really did work after all!
 

1 comment: