Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Silver Dollar City...Take I

I had been planning to take the kids to Silver Dollar City once everyone else around went back to school.  My sweet friend, Becky, mentioned she'd be there on the 24th; so we headed that way to spend the day with her and her children.  It was a wonderful day.  Becky is the most awesome lady.  She oozes Jesus out of every pour.  She's a very easy, uplifting person to be around.  Her kids are pretty awesome too.  She has two, both adopted domestically.  Her Kaden and my Caden hit it off immediately.  They were actually holding hands walking onto a ride to "claim" each other as ride partners...that's really cute for 10 and 7 year old boys.  My girls love her daughter, Alaina.

As soon as we got there, we headed to the back of the park where the measuring station is.  Caden was 47.5" last time which made him too short to ride two of the girls favorite ride.  This time, he measured in at 48.5" and was awarded his coveted yellow wrist band!


A benefit of yellow...Mommy didn't have to ride the horrible swings with him!
 After the swings, we walked right on to the Electro Slide (AKA - the Sombrero).  It was Caden's first time and he LOVED it!
 

We live closer to SDC than Becky's crew; so we played around until they got there.
 
Sheriff Jae locked us in jail!  I was fuming mad.


And then Sheriff Allie put me and Caden in the stocks.  We didn't do anything wrong.
 
The crazy mirrors in Grandfather's house always make us laugh.
 
And finally our friends are here..I'm sad that there aren't any pictures of Becky on my camera!


Did I mention that these two boys really hit it off.  We were waiting in line at the Powder Keg when I noticed them playing.  We'd been given fans (it was a hot day).  The boys were being good friends and fanning each other's armpit.  Hilarious.  They were quite the attraction for everyone else waiting.
 


Teamwork...
 Becky turned out to be the perfect person to meet at SDC.  She doesn't ride the twirling, whirling, zipping type of rides.  I do; so I road them with the kids.  I don't do water rides.  She does; so she got wet with the kids.  It was an awesome day and we were sad to leave the rides and the friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment