Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Scattered Thoughts

I'm so behind.  I have a mental list of the blog posts I want to write.  There's the one about our two trips to Silver Dollar City last weekend and the one about seeing our class lists and of course, I can't forget our meet the teachers evening.  I also have green belt pictures to post.  There's probably more, but my memory is toast.  The last few weeks of summer have been filled.  Some days I'm not sure what we've done, but we've done something.

School starts in two days and I plan to update my blog right after I clean up my house.  I am appalled at the dust on things (and if you know me, you know a little dust doesn't bother me at all as long as things are in their place).  I need to spend a day per room .  Either that or it's time to pack up.  I always do my deepest cleaning when I'm packing and unpacking.  I can't imagine what it looks like behind furniture that's sat in the same place for a decade.  Actually, I can't imagine furniture sitting in the same place for a decade.  I'm already planning move #12 which will happen sometime next spring, we think.

I'm up late tonight because Dan is on his way to the emergency vet clinic in Springfield with Zac.  We caught him peeing little drops in the carpet and then the dog bed last night.  Jaelyn's been cleaning out his kitty litter; so I haven't been paying attention.  When I looked last night, there were teeny tiny pee clumps, but no big ones.  That's a big red flag for urinary problems.  A problem with living in the boonies is lack of things...we have two vet clinics and the nearest emergency clinic is an hour and a half away.  Ours apparently doesn't have Saturday hours (why didn't I know this?).  The other one would only see their patients on emergency basis.  Tuesday was the first available appointment - thank you holiday weekend.  We gave him wet food with extra water today.  He's eaten some, but still no pee.  He's starting to feel like he's running a fever.  From everything we've read, UTIs only get worse and get more painful.  We were going to take him tomorrow. Instead, Dan decided to take him tonight.  Poor Zacy.

1 comment:

  1. Even I don't like cats..he a good boy and I hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete