Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Meet the Teachers

We were doing drive-bys of the school for weeks waiting for the class lists to be published.  Apparently second grade was packed (28 kids per class) and they were trying to get another second grade teacher.  Unfortunately, that didn't happen.  We raced to school as soon as we got the call and joined dozens of other families doing the exact same thing. 

From what I've heard there's a good and a bad second grade teacher.  The principal would not take requests, but she was aware of the problems last year and said she would place the students accordingly.  Everytime I've had the chance, I've told her what a hard year it was for Caden.  Between that and my prayers, Caden got the good teacher!  He's thrilled with Mrs. F.  I'll be spending a lot of time volunteering in his class this year.  28 second graders in just too much...well, as much as 28 first graders like his class last year, I guess.

 
I didn't really care which fourth grade teacher Allie got.  They are both wonderful teachers.  Allie wanted Mrs. M (Jae's teacher).  She was a little bummed because she got Mrs. D.  I'm not worried at all.  I think she's going to have a great year.
 

Jaelyn did not want Mr. K.  Anyone but him, she said.  We were surprised to learn the other teacher, whom she'd been hoping for, retired.  Jae got her replacement.  We went straight into the office to find out about the new teacher, Mrs. A.  We were told she's young, energetic, and nurturing.  She's moving up from younger grades at another school to fifth here.  After meeting her on meet the teacher's night, I like her.  I don't know what kind of teacher she is, but she's my kind of person.  Jae seems really happy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment