Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

THE TANTRUM

You might think this entry is going to be about Jaelyn, but surprise, it's not.  Jaelyn has perfected the art of the tantrum; although we've all been working really hard at keeping her cool.  We've gotten Jaelyn stabilized on a medicine that is helping her ADHD, which in turn is helping the "intermittent explosive disorder."  Now that school is starting, I'm watching my little volcano closely to see how she deals with school pressure and anxiety...

Anyway, this entry is about Allie, who apparently has been studying at the feet of the tantrum master.  One late afternoon, I told the girls they could play with our neighbor after they got their rooms cleaned and vacuumed.  They'd been playing in Allie's room all morning so it was a mess.  Jae helped clean a little and then told Allie she was going to get the vacuum.  Allie thought Jaelyn was going to vacuum up all her toys and flipped out.  And I mean totally wacko...she was screaming at Jaelyn to get out of her room and stomping or maybe pounded her fists on the floor.  I didn't know, I just knew it was loud.  When I went in to talk to Allie, she continued to scream and pitch a fit.  I warned Allie that her tantrum would have consequences (ie the toys she didn't pick up would be removed from her room).  She told me I "am the worse Mommy every" and that she "wished I wasn't her mommy."  I picked up a toy and got Allie's beloved Justin Beiber book thrown at my head.  She was totally out of control at this point, but it was so over the top dramatic.  I tried to hold it in, I really did, but I couldn't.  I started laughing.  It was funny.  That didn't go over well with Allie as you can imagine.  Two shoes sailed past my head followed by two pillows.  I had to finally hold her arms down to keep her from hitting me while she calmed down. 

I don't know what's gotten into her, but she's been horrible for several weeks now.  Her normal sassy, emotional self has kicked into over-drive.  I'm afraid hormones are starting to kick in...I am not looking forward to the next 10 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment