Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

A Successful Dinner

Dinner is usually a hit and a miss at our house. Allie always eats what Dan and I eat with the exception of Chinese food. Jaelyn and Caden can be very picky. Usually I can get a few bites of meat and 1/2 a cup of veggies in Jaelyn as long as there's Ranch dressing. I'm lucky if we get a bite of everything into Caden. Our newest rule is you have to eat 1 bite of everything and then you can fix yourself a bowl of cereal. It's working. Caden is trying more foods. It's still only 1 bite, but it's becoming more voluntary rather than Mommy making him eat it.

I pan fried pork chops tonight. I added a cinnamon chipotle grilling rub to the flour and they turned out really good. I'm not a big pork chop person and I was gnawing the bone. Caden ate his bite of pork chop and declared that it was good! He then proceeded to eat a few bites of carrots and several bites of green beans so that he could eat okra. The boy loves fried okra which cracks me up when he doesn't like any other vegetables. I don't fry very often, but whenever I do, okra is always included in the meal. Jaelyn even ate all of hers without complaint. It was the nicest dinner we've had in a long time.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for the Veggies!!! The one bite rule is a slow and steady race. I promise it will pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so I gotta ask. How did you know to take a photo of that before you ate it? Or do you take photos of every meal? :0

    ReplyDelete