Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Bible Stories and Faith


I've always wanted to read the Bible in a year. Great intentions, but you know how that goes sometimes. Well, I did it in 2009, but I must admit it was a kid's Bible :p. Does that count? We started this summer on the My First Message Bible which is the kids' version of The Message. We loved it. It had a 3-4 page story every night including discussion ideas, an activity and suggestion for a prayer topic to go along with each story.
We finished it in December and are none too happy with our new devotion. I polled some friends and just ordered 3 new books: The Pray and Play Bible, What Happens When I Talk to God, and My First Message Bible Search. It's going to be hard to decide which one to start first.
We bought Jaelyn her very own Bible for Christmas. She has been listening to the Bible story with us and then looking up the reference in her Bible and reading on her own during her quiet time before lights out. She gets stuck sometimes on words and phrases so I also bought her an early reader Bible. I spent way too much money on Amazon, but growing their faith is priceless, right?!
Allie has told me on several occassions that she asked Jesus into her heart. She has yet to be able to really talk to me about it to convince me she totally understands. Maybe she doesn't need to understand though. She believes and Jesus tells us we need to have child-like faith. I've caught her kneeling at her bed praying several nights lately. She's supposed to be in bed, not loudly praying and disturbing everyone. But can I really complain??? I am working on teaching her to talk to God in her head in her bed!
ETA Sorry if that's hard to read without the paragraph spacing. Blogger is being fickle and won't add them.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! I just ordered the kids Bible on Amazon. Thanks for sharing Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! We don't have the first Pray & Play, we have the second one so I am thinking of getting it and My First Message. We have so many that haven't been winners, so it's always nice to have recommendations!
    I'd like to know how the others work out, so keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sending Eddy off the the Christian Bookstore to check out My First Message to see if he thinks it would work with our kids. Thanks Kelly!

    ReplyDelete