Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Our Day

We met Karon, Kelley and kids for breakfast at Ikea this morning. We went thinking they were having free breakfasts. They weren't, but they were doing kids' lunches free. So...we paid for breakfast, but their breakfast plates are only $.99 so it didn't exactly break the bank. After eating, we took 5 kids to Smalland to check them in. Normally we would have gotten 1 1/2 hours, but the kids were crazy excited and I think we scared the poor lady who was working. We only got an hour. It was plenty of time to shop and visit before checking the kids out and taking them back to the cafeteria for lunch. Silly I know, but fun and free!

This afternoon, we dropped Caden off at his friend's house to play. The girls and I are baking a cake, complete with my friend Kendra's chocolate buttercream frosting recipe, to take back to Nathan house for dessert after dinner. It's nice to have somewhere to go tonight for dinner. Funny that I've made it all day without having to cook a meal (the cake doesn't count because that's baking and it's fun!)

5 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! I'd love to meet you all for breakfast AND lunch!! =P
    Glad you all had a fun time! I love IKEA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you lick the bowl?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun day!

    I have an IKEA down the road. I need to check out that SmallLand

    ReplyDelete
  4. No fair. Not only do you have some of my favourite people there ... but you go to my happy place too! Tell me you had the meatballs for lunch and I just might cry :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. KD - Yes - amazing. My friend kept talking about how good the icing was.

    Kat - I didn't, but Lyssa did!

    Jenn - Lydia will LOVE Smalland. You should seriously go.

    ReplyDelete