Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hump Day

We've survived to Hump Day. Just 4 more hump days and Dan will be home. Putting it like that, it doesn't sound so bad. 4 more weeks and Dan will be home sounds like an eternity, which is sad when we've lived through much longer. I was mad at Dan when he left so, honestly, I was fine with him leaving, but all has been forgiven and I want him home now. The kids are in agreement.

Allie's been having trouble in schools on Wednesday and has brought home a yellow light the last 5 Wednesdays. I emailed with her teacher last week and today, I instituted our first Hump Day Reward. Unfortunately, Mrs. Y's maternity leave started Monday (she had a beautiful baby girl) and Mrs. R the substitute isn't well liked yet. Jaelyn says she yells. Allie says Mrs. R got sent to the butler's office today (aka Mrs. Buckler, the assistant principal). Anyway...I'm not sure how Allie's going to do in Mrs. R's class until her much loved teacher returns. Allie doesn't exactly like to follow the rules and Mrs. R is a retired teacher who sounds very set in her ways. Thankfully, we've only seen green lights for the last 3 days; so I guess Allie is behaving. Our hump day reward was hump day happy meals and playtime. It turned into kids' meals at Chick Fil A instead of McDs. I'm not sure I'm taking Jaelyn anywhere until Dan gets home again though because she was horrible leaving. She started her tantrum in the parking lot - because I grabbed her and held her back when she tried to walk out in front of a car. I had to carry her across the parking lot. She escalated in the car and got to spend the rest of the night in her room. Fun times at our house...not! At least she had worn herself out so bedtime was pretty easy tonight.

PS I just looked back at the blog and noticed I hadn't mentioned Dan's trip. He left Monday to go to a school in Missouri for a month. He'll be home mid-February for 2 weeks before heading to Korea for another 3 weeks. Hopefully, after March, his traveling will settle down. Oh, and still no word on orders. We are thinking no news is good news and are praying ILE for February 2011 works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment