Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

I Give Up

And I don't say that likely because I don't like to give up. When I set my mind to do something, I do it. If I don't know how, I learn. I have way too much of my Grandpa Tommy in me. I'm also a tad bit frugal with my money (GUC - Is that a nice way to say it? It's definitely an inherited trait). I don't want to pay a plumber when I can put in the effort and do it myself. Well, I give up. I tried. I tried valiantly...but I can't fix it.

Yesterday, I watched two YouTube videos to learn how to use a plumbing snake in a toilet. It took me three tries, but now I'd say I'm pretty good at it (I probably shouldn't have admitted that). I managed to get all 25 feet of our snake into the toilet.

(the towel is so I didn't scratch the bottom of the toilet)
I was so proud of myself and sure I must have hit the toothbrush and knocked it loose. Caden was quite impressed as I pulled the snake back out of the toilet. 25 feet is a long way. The moment of truth came when we flushed the toilet and....nothing. Water filled the bowl. Talk about frustration, but I know when I'm beat. I give up. I will call a plumber. Anyone know a good one in my area? I'm not worrying about it this week though. Today, I'm exchanging my DVR that crashed yesterday. I think I've had my three (oven, toilet, DVR). Add in a sick kids, doctor appointments, dentist appointments, a vet appointment and tantrums and I think it's time for Dan to come home.
For now, the toilet is off limits. There are 3 other bathrooms in the house. I'll worry about it next week!

3 comments:

  1. You sure did give it a go! More than I would have. Kinda stinks when you still have to call a plumber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll give you a good ol' HOO-AH for the try. Girl, you gave it more than I would have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can feel your frustration! But think of all those times when you DID succeed! I don't think I have ever even attempted to fix anything. You are still my hero!

    ReplyDelete