Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

50+ = Great Day

We had a rough morning. By 8:15, children had been kicked and hit, we had one foot stomped on, and my favorite plant ended up on the floor with dirt and shattered pot everywhere - and I didn't do any of it :p. I was so glad to get the girls onto the bus. It was my helper day so as I was driving Caden to school, I was blaming the yucky gray clouds for our bad morning. Actually, the hit was accidental, but the kicking and stomping were on purpose and I'm sure the child who played possum and started whining at 9 o'clock needed more sleep.

I had a great time with Caden's class helping with finger painting. Only Caden got paint on me - a big 'ole hand print on my butt. Oops. At least it was washable paint :p. It was early release and when we left his school at 10:30, it was warm and the beautiful sun had conquered the clouds. My thermometer in the car read 51! If Dan were home, he'd be running around in shorts and a t-shirt.

The girls got home at 1:00 (remind me to write a rant about early release and teacher development days in June when we have to go 3 weeks longer than kids everywhere else!). Anyway, we went to the library for new movies and books and we stayed to play on the playground for an hour. We were the only ones there which surprised me because it was 55 degrees. Jaelyn kept telling I could read a book, but I just wanted to sit on the swing and soak up vitamin D.

We had a pleasant dinner tonight. Caden ate a 1/3 cup serving of maceroni and cheese. I was falling off my chair from shock. He also ate his 1 carrot and bite of cucumber happily although they still get thumbs down. The 1 bite method is working! After dinner, Jaelyn and I played mancala and sequence. She must have been distracted because I beat her 3 times in a row at Sequence. That doesn't happen very often. Allie and Caden played with Caden's Star Wars figures and now they are all settled down watching a movie. Good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment