Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Some Assembly Required

Dan and I have been talking about buying a flat screen TV for our living room for a while. The problem has been the cabinet (hadn't found one I liked) and the size. Dan was insistent we were not buying anything smaller than 42 inches. 42" is huge! I was insistent we weren't buying anything over 40 inches. 40" is still huge enough. We've been at an impasse every time we've talked about it so we haven't done anything. I know Dan wanted a bigger TV and let's face it, he got a promotion and a raise. He deserves to get something he wants for a change (well, he eventually gets everything he wants - don't let this post fool you). Anyway, over Christmas, we had the discussion again with him saying 42 or bigger and me saying 40 or smaller. Finally, he conceded, "I guess 40 is big enough." Ha! I won! I started hunting online and found a cabinet I liked at BJs on sale with free shipping. I ordered it last weekend along with a 40" TV. It was well worth the $20 shipping for the fedex man to show up at the door with that humongous TV box.

While out shopping for "sturdy straps" as the instructions said to secure the TV to the wall, we found Caden a new tool kit. I love that they have Christmas money to spend still. It's so much fun for them. He wanted to be my handy helper. Unfortunately, I didn't start assembling anything until after he was in bed.

The cabinet came yesterday. The base was already assembled. All I had to do was assemble the top. Nothing lined up quite right and it would have been so nice to have a second person helping. You know me, I never take no for an answer, and I persevered.

I am thrilled with the finished cabinet and the TV is the perfect size. The kids loved getting up this morning to watch Dora in widescreen high definition :p.

I still have to move the component around to hid the cords and set up the Wii. I'm thrilled there's a spot for it so I won't have to look at those cords hanging down anymore. I guess in the end Dan and I both won!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, Kelly. You put your super woman cape on and did it!! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good girl! I love that you always amaze me. Everyone needs those kind of people in their lives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly it looks great, but could'nt you squeeze the whole TV into the picture...I mean people want to see it too, :) Way to go!

    Dan

    ReplyDelete