Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Changed My Mind


After I typed my last post, I realized that the toilet in our half bath was stopped up too. It's below the problem toilet. It got me thinking...did I find the toothbrush and move it down the pipe??? I had thirty minutes to kill this afternoon while I waited for the new DVR to download whatever it needed to activate (ugghhh) so I got out the pipe snake again and did the upstairs and half bath toilets. I'm getting faster. This time I did both in thirty minutes where it took me almost an hour to do one yesterday. As I tell my kids, practice makes perfect (ha - wish I weren't practicing this skill). Anyway, I am hesitantly hopeful. Both toilets are flushing. Neither is what I would consider normal or are as quick as the other two working toilets, but water is swirling and leaving the bowl. I'm giving it a few days before I declare myself successful. I would have shared my news earlier, but my modem went out. Yes, that's right...something else stopped working correctly. I was sure we'd be visiting Walmart in the morning, but after the second reset, it started working again. So...oven, toilet, toilet, DVR, modem - zero...Kelly - five. I win! I think I should get a massage as a prize or at least a trophy. I've saved us a ton of money this week! :p

2 comments:

  1. You, my friend, are my hero. The Army should give out medals to wives. You'd get a bronze star at least!!! The ribbon to go withthat star would be pink and blue striped, and have a heart in the middle. You rock. A massage is the least you should get. You earned yourself a day at the spa.

    ReplyDelete