Life is moving quickly, it seems.
This week has definitely had it's share of ups and downs. Monday was good - I had an Ikea outing with friends. That always lifts my spirits. Tuesday was long because Allie has ballet. I was smart. Since I am always rushing homework and dinner, I got online in the day and scheduled a pizza delivery. The doorbell rang at 4:30 on the dot with dinner. That's going to become our standard Tuesday night dinner from now on. It was just too easy. Jaelyn started her rumbling when we left ballet and was in full tantrum mode by the time we got home. I know she's been tired. Time change is always mean. I've pulled out an old trick from Dan's last deployment...ear plugs. They have come in very handy with the noise. Jaelyn woke up Wednesday morning again in tantrum mode and except for the hours she was at school (because she doesn't want anyone to see how she behaves), it continued all day long!!!! I decided we need some medication in this house...for ME!!!! I'm not sure how much longer I can stay sane. Apparently she got it all out because yesterday was a great day. I even got to beat her a few times at Wordjong after she helped me put up a new shelf by her bed.
In addition to taking care of the kids, I've also managed to do some projects around the house. I found an old chair in a neighbor's trash and took it. I recovered the seat and cleaned it up some. It'll be perfect for the vanity in our bathroom when we put our house on the market. I also regrouted and sealed the kids' bathroom floor. It looks beautiful. I thought I hated white tile floors. Apparently, I love clean, white tile; it's the nasty grout I hated. I also got a new tube of caulk (you were right Dad) and recaulked both bathrooms. Next on my list, get busy repainting the woodwork in our house. Half is the original off white and half is a bad paint job of gloss white the previous owners painted.
No comments:
Post a Comment