Monday, March 30, 2009
Taking the Clowns to the Circus
The Barnum and Bailey Circus is in Baltimore for 2 weeks and we have tickets for next weekend. When I showed the kids the little video clip on the website about the circus, Caden started crying. He didn't want to go. I was devastated and having memories of Disney. We talked about how fun it would be. I offered to buy him hearing protection, glow sticks and cotton candy (which btw I've brainwashed my kids too well. When I suggested cotton candy to Caden and told him it was like spun sugar, he said "Sugar is bad for you. You shouldn't eat it." LOL.) Anyway, we've kept talking about it and yesterday I figured out the problem. We were planning our shopping outing w/o the girls for today when he says "I'll be brave and I won't even be scared or cry on the ride in the ball." Huh?!?!? And then it dawned on me...he watched the little video and saw a segment with motorcycles racing inside a big sphere. He thought it was a ride he was going to have to go on. After another circus talk, he now understands that we'll be sitting in the stands watching (like Fantasia and the Lion King Show at Disney World). We've looked at the video again with his new perspective and he thinks it's going to be lots of fun. He's looking forward to seeing the elephant that paints. Problem solves...fear removed and yea, I get to take my clowns to the circus!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment