Thursday, March 5, 2009
Veggie Experiment #2
The brownies were such a hit that I decided to try macaroni and cheese for dinner. I steamed and pureed a head of cauliflower this afternoon. For dinner, I made chicken, kraft macaroni and cheese with 1/2 a cup of cauliflower puree, and broccoli. Jaelyn and Allie both ate the macaroni and cheese. The puree made the cheese sauce creamier, but there was no difference in the taste. Nobody commented that it was different. The best part of the dinner had to be when I rewarded Jaelyn for eating her broccoli with a brownie. She didn't really want to eat the broccoli, but she did for that yummy spinach and carrot brownie LOL.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How well is this working! It does sound like rather a lot of work though. The things we do for our kids!
ReplyDeleteNow that is hilarious! Tell me if you find a recipe with asparagus. That would be a winner for sure!
ReplyDelete