Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

Feeling Better and Other Ramblings

I'd say everyone was feeling better. Caden started his day with dry toast, but quickly moved onto other things. He even tried the girls' pepperidge farm raisin bread today and he likes it. Silly boy! He also has decided he likes eggs as long as they are on french toast (in the batter). He told me today eggs are a vegetable and he was proud that he's eating vegetables now. Of course, Mommy knows nothing and he's totally right when he disagreed after I told him eggs are not vegetables.

Jaelyn felt good enough this evening to pitch a bedtime tantrum. It lost her about 40 tickets out of her cup over 30 minutes. It's been a week since her last one. Dr. W is right; they are getting worse in intensity, but are lessening in frequency and in length so that's a positive. She's not getting the negative attention she normally gets from me by stomping and screaming. I know our neighbors hate us, but I can't care. I can't let it bother me. She's moved on to pushing and hitting at me and it infuriates her when I tell her calmly "We don't hit people. You just lost 5 tickets out of your cup and there will be other consequences when you are calm." Slowly but surely I think changing my behavior and reaction to her is going to help her change her behavior. Instead of feeding the tantrum tonight, other than talking when she was hitting at me, I totally ignored her and tucked Caden and Allie into bed like she wasn't even there. It makes me want a coke and M&Ms when it's all through from the stress I feel inside, but I'm managing to maintain my calm on the outside and that's so important.

No comments:

Post a Comment