Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Days Are Flying

Time is passing quickly which is good I guess. The night I was expecting the explosion turned out pretty good. It was the next two nights that were horrible. Jaelyn lost several outings for us because it. I guess I should be happy. She made it 8 days without a major incident.

Today has been nice though and I'm happy for that. Bedtime last night was early, for them and me, and I think getting enough sleep makes a big difference all around. This afternoon we loaded our bikes in the car and headed to a nearby park that has 2 miles of bike trails. The kids had a good time. My goal this week is to get my bike fixed and to buy a bike rack for the back of the van so I don't have to walk behind them. Jaelyn is still zipping away on her 2 wheeler like Evil Knievel. I offered to take Allie's training wheels off of her bike, but she flat out refused. She says she'll do it when she's 6 (think she knows that's just a few weeks away :p). Caden loved his new big boy bike we bought him this week. My kids are growing up so quickly.

Jaelyn read her first chapter book this weekend - Dolphins at Daybreak in the Magic Treehouse Series. She's already requested I check out several more from the library for her.

Dan will be home in a week and a half for his 2 week R&R. We can't wait!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice day. Not too long to go now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! I am so excited that he is almost home for a little break! I will be praying that each one of the days to come, will be filled with exactly what you need Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Kelly! You'll make it!

    ReplyDelete