Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Day

I turned 36 yesterday. That used to seem so old. It still does actually. I don't feel 36 - 4 short years away from...GASP...40 ! For weeks, I've been telling the kids all I wanted for my birthday was a peaceful day. On Tuesday night, they knew Wednesday was my birthday, but somewhere in dreamland it seemed to have slipped their little bitty minds. My crabs all got up at 6. I don't think we've had such a crabby morning in a long time. Yuck. Jaelyn actually told me on her way to the bus stop that she wanted me to forget about the morning and we'd start over on my peaceful day in the afternoon. LOL.

Caden ran errands with me and then I dropped him off at a friends house for some "lonely time." Thank you, friend. I went to Longhorn for lunch. They gave me a corner booth all by my lonesome and I sat, read my book and ate lunch (lick your fingers good ribs) in peace. The best part...I didn't have to cook or wash the dishes afterwards! It was a wonderful birthday lunch. Pre-kids, I would have considered having lunch by myself on my birthday really pathetic, but not these days. It's a true luxury!

Before picking up Caden, I stopped at Best Buy to buy my birthday present. Thank you Mom and Dad, Joan and Larry, and Nana and Daddy Doe. I am now the proud owner of a video camera that I can actually get the videos off of! I'm excited. It's something I've wanted for a good 2-3 years, but there's always been something that we needed worse than a camera. I haven't had the opportunity to play with it too much, but I have the weekend before Dan's homecoming to figure it out!

The kids came home from school happy, if not a bit rambunctious. So much so, that I donned earplugs during dinner and sat by myself at the craft table. Oh well, at least they were happy and not crabby. I put them in bed right at 7 and everyone was asleep by 7:20. I did get my birthday peace - it just didn't happen until everyone was asleep :p.

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Kelly! Looking forward to seeing some ore videos from your new toy!

    ReplyDelete