Pages

Friday, March 28, 2008

Our Week

Today is Friday. I can't believe Jaelyn's spring break is almost over. The week started out really fun, but it went down-hill fast Wednesday afternoon. I think I wrote about our Monday and our Tuesday. On Wednesday, we met 2 friends (Karon with Eric and Jane with Samuel) at the Baltimore Zoo. It was a beautiful day, partly cloudy, low 60s, not a lot of wind...perfect. We saw all of the animals first. The polar bears and chimpanzees were definitely the favorites. One of the polar bears was swimming back and forth and one of the chimpanzees was playing with a toy right next to the glass. It was fun to see him that close up. We brought picnic lunches and sat at a picnic table in the sun. The kids were hungry. Caden even ate his peanut butter sandwich (I was impressed) and if you are wondering, I had chicken salad. Making peanut butter sandwishes is as far as I'll go. The petting area was closed - big frowns, but we were able to do everything else in the children's zoo. The big slides and bouncy rope bridge were a hit as usual. I took a stroller, but only had to use it towards the end with Allie for running away from me. Caden did a great job of staying with me and Jaelyn was a big help to Miss Karen. She pushed her stroller for her some and then held Eric's hand for quite a bit leading him around the zoo. I've always loved it when our 3-4 year older cousins are around to help me out and that's what Jaelyn was for Karon.



I was totally drained heading home in the car. The kids all slept, but woke up when we got home. I tried to take a little cat nap on the couch, but they wouldn't let me. Caden has had a little cold and by the evening I had a horrible sinus headache and a really sore throat. We didn't do anything on Thursday. I did manage to run 3 loads through the washer/dryer (still in the baskets, though) and got the kids to clean up the playroom by giving them handfuls of money (literally). Other than that, I stayed on the couch all day. Dan brought us home pizza for dinner. I am ashamed to tell you what the kitchen looked like, but it'll give you a good idea of just how terrible I felt. As Dan said this morning when he called to ask if I noticed that the "kitchen fairy" had been here , my sink was to maximum capacity. (isn't he awesome!!! Dan, my kitchen fairy) There wasn't a clean fork or spoon anywhere to be found. I fed the kids on our good breakable dishes last night because all of their plates were dirty. It was BAD and you all know how OCD I am about the house! I went to bed last night when the kid went to bed and I'm feeling much better this morning. My headache and sore throat are still there, but so much better than they were. All the kids are coughing today so I've dosed them with cold medicine. I am ready for summer when it is hot and stays hot. This back and forth with the temperature isn't any fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment