Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Flax Seed Oil - A Miracle Cure???

I've been reading about the benefits of flax seed and flax seed oil in relation to Jaelyn's constipation problem. I asked a friend if she knew where a health food store in the area is and she called me today at the store asking me what I wanted. Thank you, friend. I am now equipped with milled flax seeds and flax seed oil. I gave Jaelyn 1/2 tsp of the oil this evening and she took it right off the spoon without needing me to hide it in something. She had a BM not too long after that (the 2nd today - the first was a result of an overload of benafiber, apples and apple juice). Could this be our miracle cure??? I sure hope so. If not, at least it's filled with good omega-3's so it's not a total waste. We see the doctor tomorrow so I'll run it by her as well.

2 comments:

  1. You can totally "hide" the milled flax in a TON of stuff - they NEVER know!!! LOL. I've put it in regular pancake mix and smoothies so far!

    And I LOVE your new banner!!! Awesome pic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly
    Hide the flaxseed oil in those green smoothies we talked about on PAI! i did it today - totally worked!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete