Thursday, March 6, 2008
My Health Assessment
I met with a personal trainer this morning at the gym to give me some guidance on how to meet my goals. I know, this is so exciting to all of you, but if I write about it here, I have to commit to it! Basically, I'm not trying to lose weight. I want to build muscle, develop more flexibility and flatten and tone my abdominal muscles. Not too much, ya think? She took some measurements and made me stand on a scale (I didn't like their scale. It was 4 pounds heavier than mine which my mom says weighs 3-5 pounds over her doctor's scale. Hmmm...). She had this cool machine that you hold with your arms straight out. It sends some sort of pulse through your body and gives you a body fat percentage based on how fast it takes the pulse to go through you. Kind of cool. 20% of me is fat, which is average now that's I've gotten home and googled it. The plan is to go to the cardio classes and add in some weight training (free weights). I still love the Zumba class. The Butts and Gutts class is a killer, but I've survived two. I'm trying out a class called Cardio Press tomorrow which is supposed to be an awesome cardio workout plus techniques used in Ultra-press with is a barbell workout class. All in all, I'm really happy with this gym. Dan has decided to go to the Y and is meeting with their trainer on Sunday to come up with a fitness plan for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment