Seven years ago, I went over to the dark side. I resisted. I didn't want too. I did everything I could to stay in the light, but alas, three car seats would not fit in the back of our Mazda Tribute. We bought our Toyota Sienna and crossed over to the dark side. Wednesday night, we did it again. We traded Dan's Jetta in and bought a 2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L. It's the nicest car I've ever owned. While I would tend to make do and take a lesser model, Dan says he works hard and we can afford it. There's no reason we should skimp...and I must say, my man is right. The Odyssey has leather, a sun roof, power everything, hand free bluetooth, a back up camera. I love it. Last night, Dan figured out how to play our Iphone's Ipod through the bluetooth. No more will I have to hunt for the right fm station to play my ipod through a fm transmitter. Allie's going to love that feature. I love that I can answer my cell phone with a push of the button on the steering wheel.
It took us about three hours Wednesday night to do all the paperwork. Buying in a different state than you are titling in seems to be a pain in the butt, especially if the titling state has a military waiver for sales tax. In the end, it all worked out and thankfully the kids didn't crash a golf cart through the show room window :p. Oh my. Dan seems happy to drive the Sienna; although I have a feeling I had better pay off the Odyssey quickly because he's going to want all of my bells and whistles in a new car very soon.
We are twins now!!! That's the same color as our's! We love our Odyssey! When they offered that 1.9% interest rate, we loved it even more! I will admit though, the '11's are pretty sleek looking and I might be a tad jealous! Danny wants to upgrade and I can't do it with it's almost being paid off!!
ReplyDeleteWell, I guess I have to be happy for you....but I will still enjoy sitting up higher than you in my big honkin' SUV. :)
ReplyDeleteI love the color of your car and I agree with Dan. You deserve the best! Looking forward to this weekend. I love you. Mom
ReplyDeleteKim - I had 1.9 through our credit union, but Honda they gave us .79%. On a 4 1/2 year loan, it worked out to $300 total interest. You can't beat that. Honestly, I like the interior organization of the Sienna better, but we had to go with crash test rating. Safety is more important than storage cubies in the armrests, right?
ReplyDelete