Chances are, if you are having a bad day, inspect your tires, because there might just be a screw in one. SERIOUSLY!!! The last few days have been so stressful. Our home inspection was Friday. The inspecter missed the great big things that we knew were code violations, but did find several nit picky things. I waited all weekend for a response from our buyers telling what, if anything, they wanted fixed. The email came Monday morning. One of the many annoying things was that it was dated Friday. Either their realtor or our realtor sat on it for 2 days before getting it to me. Encase you can't tell, I've lost all faith in our realtor.
The buyers requested that we fix all the little nit picky things. I agreed because we want to sell our house and what's $235 more over what we've already lost. The plumbing repairs had to be done by a licensed plumber. I had someone out Tuesday to fix all the issues. I had to go to Home Depot and spend $1.25 to buy 4 knock-out plugs for our breaker box. I just needed one, but you couldn't buy just one. I am beyond annoyed. Seriously, $.32...they couldn't fix that themselves? I guess I should be thankful they didn't specify that it had to be fixed by a licensed electrician.
Our buyers have lost all of my goodwill. I was going to leave them all of our left over carpet. I have 4 huge rolls. I'm taking it with us. I have touch up paint for every room in our house that I was going to leave. I'm taking it with us. If I don't need any of it, I'll happily throw it all in our trash or freecycle it in Missouri before I'll leave it for our buyers. My house would have passed a white glove inspection when we moved out, but now I am following the contract specification of "broom clean."
All the stress of the last few weeks with the house and single parenting have left my shoulder in knots. I've got a pinched nerve that is killing me. I've never had a physical reaction to stress before, but as I think about the move or hear one of the kids start to whine at me (and trust me when I say they are feeling my stress and feeding off of it), that muscle tenses up and shoots pain down my arm. I went to the doctor on Monday looking for some type of medicine. I consider myself a strong person, but this is too much for me. My blood pressure is the highest it's every been. I told Dan I'm hanging up my Wonder Woman cape and being a smart-butt, he told me "Wonder Woman doesn't wear a cape." Not helpful, Danny-boy. My doctor gave me a muscle relaxer to help with the muscle pain instead of an anti-anxiety medicine since this is all temporary. Dan comes home Saturday morning and we close June 3rd. After that, I can relax at my parents house and let my Mom take care of me. She says she even bought me a lounge chair to lay in the sun in the backyard.
So, back to the moral of my story, when you are having a bad day, you should check your tire, because chances are..you'll have a very large screw in it that requires fixing!

OR, when you are having a very bad day, hide your scissors and don't ignore your dog when she is barking!
ReplyDeletesibling inflicted hair cuts and snakes top my day today.
We both need a spa vacation...for an entire week. I have graduated past a day, a weekend, and now into needing a week.
Sorry it has all been such a nightmare. Praying that Saturday comes quickly, because Superman DOES wear a cape.
ReplyDeleteYour highness, if you could convince king hubby to stay on Pensacola a day, I'll take you to Serenity.
ReplyDeleteSandi, hilarious cape comment. I'll make sure Dan reads it.
Your all just jealous of my Super Hero knowledge...and I prefer to think of my alter Super Human form as Spiderman... No cape. :)
ReplyDeleteDan
Awwww. I would do the EXACT same thing when it came to buyers selling my house. Right now I am in a "I AM TIRED OF BEING SO DAMN NICE AND ACCOMMODATING" So I feel your pain tremendously. I hope things get better soon. Only a few short weeks left and you will be in sunny Florida enjoying the bask of the sun and sand.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Kiley
I'm a bit behind in my blog reading, so I'm just seeing this. Man, I'm sorry you've had so many frustrating things going on. I hope by now things are a bit better and your not in as much pain.
ReplyDeleteI promise to take good care of you !
ReplyDelete