Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bring On the Pulmonologist

It's taken a week and a half, but I finally heard back from Allie's ENT office. The Pediatric Pulmonologist (Dr. M) wants to see Allie before we move to do a pulmonary function test.  The timing is going to be hard.  He's out of town this week and has no appointments available until July.  They are going to try and squeeze us into his Thursday morning clinic hours.  That means either I'll be taking her to Baltimore on the 26th or the 2nd.  That's it.  There are no other Thursdays.  The packers/movers are going to be here the 27th, 31st and 1st. We close on our house and drive out of town on the 3rd.

Oh my!  My life is too insane.  The timing of this and our move have not been good.  And I don't even want to think about negative test results and treatment or monitoring options when we are Lost in the Woods of Missouri.

And to top that, Dan's car is dead as a doornail. 

{tangent - where did that expression come from?  I consulted handy dandy google and here's what I learned "Door-nails are the large-headed studs that were used in earlier times for strength and more recently as decoration. The practice was to hammer the nail through and then bend over the protruding end to secure it. This process, similar to riveting, was called clenching. This may be the source of the 'deadness', as such a nail would be unusable afterwards."}

A tow truck will be visiting this afternoon to take it to the dealership.

Stick a fork in me, I'm done.  The. End.

2 comments: