There were many back and forths between Volkswagen and the roadside assistance claims department yesterday. We have no answers yet. The acid was cleaned off and the battery was replaced. The explosion caused no immediate damage and the Jetta is running fine now. The engine isn't ruined. The car doesn't need to be totalled out. Unfortunately, we have no idea if it'll continue running fine or if things will start breaking. Time will be the only way to know. We aren't sure we are willing to wait and take our chances. Instead we might be trading in the Jetta and car shopping for a new mini-van for me before June 3rd. Dan might be driving our paid for, never given us trouble, Sienna. Lots of mights and maybes still...I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, I thought I'd share pictures. Please please please be careful when jumping or messing with a battery. Someone could have gotten hurt so badly that night if the hood had been up.



No comments:
Post a Comment