Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Camping in the Outfield

I'm still recovering from the Girl Scout Camp-out at Ripkin Stadium Friday night.  It was so much fun until about 1:30 am when the girls were still awake, but were so silly and so so tired.

We drove through pouring down rain to get to the stadium, but thankfully, other than a few sprinkles, it never rained again. 


Our girl scout leader and her daughters shared our tent with us.


We are going to miss these girls!

I never did hear the final head count, but there were a lot of girls there. 

After setting up our tents, we went up in the stadium for a hot dog dinner, arts and crafts, and music fun.  the night wrapped up with Yogi Bear on the jumbotron.


Allie got right into the activities.  She never made it on the list to Karaoke, but she did get to do the chicken dance!

Even though Jaelyn's 2 good friends aren't in our troop, they are in girl scouts so she got to pal around with them all night.

I made the girls head to our tent about 12:30.  At 1:00, Jaelyn was still crazy and Allie was crying.  I had to take Allie up into the bleachers to sit until she calmed down.  I slept from about 2-4 and was so glad when 6 rolled around so I could get up and starting packing things back up.


Did I mention Jaelyn was in full giggly meltdown mode?



It was a really fun event and a great memory for the girls to have, but I have NO desire to repeat it any time soon!

1 comment:

  1. What a great memory to end your time on...as for the no sleeping deal, I am with you. M had a sleep over with her friends last week, and the day after was HORRID...but I feel it was worth it to help her wrap up some memories here and prepare to move on.

    ReplyDelete