Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Packing and Stacking

It's finally that time.  I got out the boxes and emptied out our storage closet today.  I had to repack all of my collectibles that were packed to sit, not ship.  I have all of this "stuff" that belonged to my grandparents and great grandparents.  It's not necessarily stuff that I want to display and dust often, but I treasure the items and can't part with them.  I guess it's my own little bit of pack rattedness, but it's stored away and contained in 6 boxes.   It was fun to look at the old cameras and glass bottles.  I read some of the cutest poems in my Grandma Molly's autograph book from when she was a child.

I've already disassembled our guest room so I could use it to store our partial dity items (that's do it yourself move for any of you non-military folks).  Curtains and bedding are getting folded and stacked.  I have my "hardware" box out and labeled.



Pictures are coming off the walls.  I'm slowly working on patching holes.  There's still so much to do.  I have 3 full days to work so we should be fine.  I can't believe the packers will be here on Friday.  Where has May gone???


PS - Check out the dust on the top of that mirror.  One of the advantages of moving often is that your stuff gets cleaned really well.  I can't get over how quickly dust and dirt accumulates.

No comments:

Post a Comment