Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Putting Crazy On Hold For a Day

Next week is going to be crazy.  I would love prayers for our family.  Tomorrow, we are putting crazy on hold and taking a road trip to Philadelphia.  We are going to see Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, Betsy Ross's house and the U.S. Mint.  I think the kids will love the mint the best.   Personally, I'm looking forward to a "Philadelphia" Philly Cheese Steak.  We really need a day off.  The stress is getting to the kids.  Our entire basement got packed on Friday.  They also packed some closet stuff and filled up a corner of our master bedroom and some in the bathroom.  I've been a frazzled mess today.

Monday, I have to pull all of our clothes out and finish packing our partial dity stuff.  We have to drive into Baltimore to drop off the Odyssey at Uhaul. We need a trailer hitch.  Thankfully, some sweet friends have offered to fix us dinner Monday night or the kids might have gone hungry.  Tuesday, the packers will finish at the house and bring the stuff from our mini-warehouse to our house.  We also have to figure out how to get the car picked up.  We are going to stay at a hotel Tuesday night so the kids don't have to sleep in rooms filled with boxes.  Wednesday, the movers will be here to load up and we'll move back into the house and "camp."  Thursday, we have to pick up our trailer and load it.   We also have our Brownie Troop's end of the year picnic.  It's our last night in Maryland.  I'm glad the kids will get to play with their friends.  I'm just hoping saying good-bye isn't too traumatic.  We close on our house at 11:00 on Friday and will drive out of town hopefully by 2:00.

Are you crazy after reading that?  After rereading it, I feel like I need to go drink a coke or a fruity adult beverage.  I'll leave you with this...I packed our "first night" box with all of it's necessities for Missouri.  It has sheets, a shower curtain, towels, toilet paper AND two cokes and a hershey bar.  You've gotta get your priorities straight.

1 comment:

  1. Can i reserve one of those cokes? Did you pack soap?

    ReplyDelete