Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Great Wolf Lodge



I cannot believe I never went back and wrote about our weekend at Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg. I was sick for a few weeks after we got home and life took over, I guess.

We went the first weekend in November because the kids were out of school on Thursday and Friday for teacher meetings and workshops. I guess I never wrote about my parent/teacher conferences either. Anyway, it was a 4 hour drive to Williamsburg and we got there just in time to check into our rooms and hit the water park. I was amazed at this resort. It seemed like a normal lodge from the outside and in the main sections, but go down 1 flight of stairs and through a door and you were in a kids' water paradise. In the center of this enormous room was a wooden fort with rope bridges, water cannons and slides. To the right side was a shallow pool with slides for little kids. Behind that was a walk in pool that had waves just like the ocean. It was so cool. Tucked to one side of that were the hot tubs (one was kid free and peaceful!). Behind the ocean pool was the knee board ramp which Allie had a blast one. Behind the huge fort were two family friendly water slides. One had a float that held 3-4 people. It was by far my favorite. Beside that was a lazy river that you could swim around or leizurely float in a tube. In front of that was a mini-wipe out lily pad and net course. Jaelyn did it once, fell in and that was that. Caden and Allie mastered it.

When we weren't playing in the water, we were playing Magi-quest in the hotel. It's an interactive game through 4 hallways in the hotel. You go on "quests" and have to find things. You zap them with a magic wand. When you've found them all, you get a "rune." When you have all the runes, you can go on adventures and slay a dragon or fight a Goblin King. The kids, including the biggest one, loved Magi-quest.

Each night the kids got to enjoy a magic show or story time in the main lobby. Dan was sweet and booked me a foot massage for one evening. He scored some major brownie points.

We can't wait for the opportunity to go back!

1 comment:

  1. I just spent 30 minutes checking out their website. I am so going to go there one day!

    ReplyDelete