Caden let me put the icing on his house where I wanted and he stuck his candies all over it. He did quite a good job. He had a pattern going around the bottom of the house (they've been learning about patterns in school). I think he used every candy in his bowl.
Allie wouldn't let me touch her house or her icing. She wanted to do everything herself. Allie is sort of like a bull in a china shop so it did get a little crazy and a lot messy. At one point, she had a huge blow out with her icing bag (because she wouldn't listen to me when I tried to explain how to roll up the end) and she had icing everywhere. She had fun though and was very proud of her house. That's all the matters, right? It's the process, not the product!
It would appear that Jaelyn has a little of me in her. She wanted my help, but only with her telling me where to put the icing. She very carefully placed each and every candy exactly where she wanted it.
I haven't been very crafty with the kids this year. Other than the houses, we've only done 1 other project. One afternoon, when Dan was in Florida, I needed something to entertain the kids. I made salt dough and we pressed out Christmas ornaments. They were supposed to be white (flour, salt, water), but I ran out of flour and used cinnamon so the dough wouldn't stick when we rolled it out. The ornaments dried a light tan and smell really good. We painted them this weekend and I think they look more Mardi Gras than Christmas because of the color paint we had, but that's okay. The kids love them and again, it's the process, not the product. Right?!?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment