My trip to Florida was pretty uneventful. I had an hour in Atlanta, and my flight from Baltimore actually landed early so I had plenty of time. My Uncle Clifford was sitting at the gate in Atlanta waiting for me. He didn't have such an easy time (airport employees apparently changed the gate 3 times before I landed) so he got to visit terminals B and C :p.
Thursday was a long day with the party and we were starving. My mom is more into take out these days than cooking so she and I stopped at Krispy Kreme for dessert while my Dad and Clifford picked up dinner. I miss hot melt in your mouth KK donuts. There's nothing like them.
Since trips are all about eating out, I met Dan's parents and Nana at Cracker Barrel for breakfast on Friday before going with Nana to see Daddy Doe at the nursing home.
Daddy Doe has definitely lost weight, but I thought he looked good. He knew who I was and joked with me some. The nursing home where he is is nice. It was clean and the staff seemed respectful of Daddy Doe and were very kind to Nana. It's hard seeing him like that when I think of the personality Daddy Doe had when I first met him. It's still there, just dimmed and a little more tired.
Great pictures....this one is precious.
ReplyDelete