I found this recipe months ago and have been waiting for the opportunity to make it. Well, actually, I've been waiting for the Marsala wine and the opportunity. I asked Dan where the Class Six (liquor store) on the base was last week and he brought me home a bottle of wine yesterday. So thoughtful. I made him Chicken Marsala for dinner tonight as his reward. The recipe is a copycat from Olive Garden's dish and I'd say it was pretty close. I won't be making this every week or even every month for that matter because of the butter and oil, but oh was it good!!!!
Chicken Marsala
4 chicken breasts - boneless, skinless
1/4 cup cake flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
4 tbsp oil
4 tbsp butter
1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup marsala wine
Combine flour, salt, pepper, and oregano in a shallow dish (I used a gallon ziplock). Heat the oil and butter in a skillet until it begins to bubble lightly. Dredge the chicken in the flour, coating evenly. Cook the chicken on medium heat for about 2minutes on the first side, until lightly brown. As you flip the breasts to the second side, add the mushrooms around the chicken pieces. Cook about 2 more minutes, until lightly browned on the second side. Stir the mushrooms. Once the second side is lightly browned, add the wine around the pieces, cover the pan and simmer for about 10 minutes. Transfer to plates and serve.
Sounds yummy! I may have to try the recipe!
ReplyDelete