Once I had all the family visiting out of the way, it was time for me to play a little. My mom and I did a little wandering on our own Friday afternoon. Then I drove to Malbis Friday night to meet my friend Sarah for dinner. She hit traffic so I had a chance to do a little shopping by myself. I totally scored on a new bathing suit and sandals - 70% off. I'm ready for next summer. Sarah and her family have 1 more year in Mobile before they move on to who knows where so we won't have too many more opportunities to sneak off together when I'm visiting. We had a great dinner (Welcome to Moes! Delicious). It's always wonderful to see Sarah. She has an awesome heart and has been such a great friend during Dan's deployment, calling every few weeks to check on us.

Saturday was by far my most looked forward to day. Unfortunately, I woke up sick. I was really light headed and had a horrible headache. I perservered though and just made a little change in plans (Jennifer drove to Destin instead of me).
Jennifer and I are creatures of habit and neither of us like change. Therefore, we had lunch at McAllister's Deli. There's a funny story about our first trip to Destin involving a Subway, a construction worker and McAllister's that I won't bore you with, but needless to say I think about it everytime we hunt for the deli because we never can remember exactly where it is. We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch, including McAllister's world famous tea. I keep wondering how they got that title. How does something become "world famous?" Anyway, it's good SWEET tea!

Our massage appointments were at 1 and we made it in plenty of time to enjoy the spa amenties.


Me pouring water over the coals in the dry suana. There's something fun about hearing the hiss when the water hits them.

Not to be outdone, Jen decided to see what would happen when she poured the whole bucket on the coals.

(not really - she just posed for the camera)
The massage tray! I picked coconut oil. I smelled good.

We chose PF Changs for dinner. We were seated at 3:55 just in time to order the before 4 pm lunch bowls! Yummy! It was a great day and just what I needed! Thanks, Jen!
No comments:
Post a Comment