Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

Turning Cranky

I promise this will be my last entry for the day. I'll get caught up the rest of the way another day.

Jaelyn got her expander the day that Jennifer and her family got here and Jennifer, being Jennifer, decided that we should name it. I'd forgotten that I named my retainer Fred so I thought picking a name was a great idea. We brainstormed with names like Ella the expander, Eloise, Ernest, and Emma. Nothing seemed right. We were sitting at the table one morning and Jackson says "I know." He stuck his finger up in the air...it was quite the declaration. His name...Cranky! Perfect...we crank it two times a day and Jaelyn is mighty cranky about it. Later that day, we were IMing with Dan. Rich saw me go upstairs and heard Jennifer says "Kelly's turning cranky." He thought Dan had said something to really tick me off. It was hilarious...might be one of those you had to be there things, but "turning cranky" has been permanently added to my vocabulary. Today is our last day of turning Cranky before going back to Dr. G on Thursday. I am amazed at Jaelyn's bite. I'm no expert, but it looks great to me. The only funny thing is that it's pulled her 2 middle teeth apart, but the braces will pull those back together.

1 comment: