The original plan was for our friends to go home on Monday, but they decided to stay one more day at our Bed and Breakfast. I'm so glad they did. They spent the day in Gettysburg while my kids went to VBS at Christ Our King (I'll write more about that in another entry). After VBS, we spent the afternoon at the pool and had dinner. Jennifer and the gang got back in time to get ready for bed. Bedtime was bad for my kids. Caden again got tucked into my bed and the girls in the basement. The basement kids would NOT settle down. Finally, I made the girls go to their beds about 9 and they were not happy with me. Allie cried and cried for her buddy. I rubbed her back when she calmed down and she was asleep literally in 60 seconds. Jaelyn took longer to calm down. I took Caden to his bed and tucked Jaelyn into mine so she wouldn't wake anyone else up with her screaming. Once I got her calm, she was able to go to sleep within 10 minutes, but getting calm was no fun. In between me going up and down the stairs, Rich, Jen and I played more Boggle. I might have created a Boggle Monster in Jennifer. Rich went to bed after 11, but Jennifer and I were up way past one laughing like we did when we were 19 (Have I mentioned we've known each other 24 years this fall?). It was the only night we did that and it was such good silly fun. I loved it. We also learned a new word...nosh - to sneak a snack; as in Jennifer noshed a candy bar in the pantry on several occassions. Dan thought we were crazy when we IMed him in the middle of the night...his morning.
Tuesday morning, they got ready and headed out about 10. We were so sad to see Rich, Jennifer, Cassidy, Delaney, Jackson and Brody go. I can't begin to express my appreciation for their visit. They could have gone to Disney World for Rich's vacation, but instead they drove for a total of 4 days to spend 5 nights with us. I think it was the highlight of my summer! Thank you from the bottom of my heart - we love you guys!
(There's an unwritten rule that says Jennifer and I must take self portraits even when there are capable photographers available.)
No comments:
Post a Comment