Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 4 - Birthdays, Kilgore Falls, and Slumber Parties

The plan for Sunday was to get up in time to go to church. That didn't happen. Everyone slept in AGAIN. I loved this new trend, but I knew it wouldn't last. Jennifer's girls helped me bake a cake in the morning. We had lunch and then celebrated Jaelyn and Brody's birthdays.
After the party, we loaded back up in our cars and headed to Kilgore Falls in Rock State Park. We've been once before in the fall. It was cool and no one else was there. I was not prepared for what we encountered on Sunday. It was packed. We lucked into parking places and then started the 1/3 mile walk to the falls. I was amazed at the people. They were everywhere...on the rocks, playing in the water. We hadn't planned to let the kids go swimming. Our plan was to let them walk in the water up to their knees if they wanted. We left the bathing suits at home...that was a mistake. The kids quickly waded into the water and started collecting rocks to build dams. Everything was going good, no one had gotten wet and then Allie must have stepped off a ledge because she went from knee/thigh level to her neck. Allie is so my Murphy's Law child. Things went downhill fast from there with Caden slipping and landing on his bottom and then Jaelyn just sat down in the water. I don't think Jennifer's 4 got wet, at least not like my kids.

That evening, we let the kids have a slumber party in the basement while the grown-ups played games. Caden made it in the basement until I finished tucking everyone in. He ended up sleeping in my bed. The kids actually did good this night; although they didn't go to sleep until at least 10. I got out Boggle for us to play. Jennifer, who has apparently never played, fell in love. We must have played 20 games that night before heading to bed. Sunday was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment