Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Are You Tired of My Swimming Posts?

Last week, we started back to swim lessons. We missed the first week because of VBS. Erin, the swim director, was going to let me pay for half the classes. Instead, when we saw her on Monday, she said to not worry about paying her because Dan's deployed. You can take 1 class free through child and youth services. Outdoor Rec doesn't fall under that umbrella, but they are honoring the intent of the policy. So not only are we taking 2 more weeks of swimming, we are taking them free! I love free.

I think technically, Jaelyn should have started with Caden in Level 2. She wanted to be in Level 1 so I let her. I've learned the hard way it's better to let Jaelyn do things in her own time than push her when she's not ready. She's done really well. She started out being totally tense on her back. She'd sink as soon as I let go. She is now floating for a few seconds when I let go. She is doing cannonballs into the shallow end and has learned to do a front crawl all by herself.

Caden loves Miss Josie in Level 2, but he misses Mr. Lee. We love Mr. Lee. I keep teasing Caden that he's going to grow gills and fins if he doesn't watch out. His eyes will get real big and he'll say "really?" He's swimming like a little fish. Everyone is impressed with his 4 1/2 year old self.

Allie is continuing to progress. She can swim across the deep end without hesitation. She's learning a little bit more complicated strokes and learning to dive. That's a little scary for her and me. She is such a free spirit. I have horrible visions of diving into the shallow end. She hasn't quite gotten over her fear of going in head first and after lessons are over, I don't think I'll be encouraging her to practice.

Here's the video collection from last week. It's probably kind of boring to most, but it's mainly for Daddy to watch! You might want to turn your volume down because the other moms chattering is kind of loud and annoying - and I forgot to do it in movie maker.


2 short Video Clips of Jaelyn I forgot to include in the other one (cannonball and front crawl)...

1 comment:

  1. NO...I love the swimming pictures! wish I could be there.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete