Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our 4th of July Weekend

We've had a good weekend, interrupted by only 1 explosion (progress over last weekend). Saturday morning, we packed snacks and water and headed to Jerusalem Mill. We only walked about 20 minutes on the trail because I knew we'd have to walk an equal amount of time on the way out. Sure enough at about 35 minutes, I heard "my legs are tired" and "when are we going to get to the creek." It was a fun walk...until we hit the mud. Allie is a mud magnet, let me tell you. I made them turn around and retrace their steps to a different exit trail.


We had a snack on a bench underneath a beautiful oak tree and then headed to our creek. It was such a pretty day. We picked wild daisies and day lilies to put behind our ears on the way.
We couldn't stay long unfortunately. There was a man painting at our favorite rock pitching spot. I didn't want to disturb him so we headed to our 2nd favorite spot and there were people fishing on the opposite shore. They didn't take too kindly to me letting the kids throw rocks. Oh well, it's a free country right? That's what yesterday was all about. I only put up with the dirty looks for about 5 minutes before heading the kids back to the car.

We had lunch and then Caden and I apparently slept through Tales of Despereaux. I wasn't planning on taking a nap. I really wasn't. I wanted to watch the movie, but Jaelyn woke me up when it finished and I'd missed a good hour. Caden was sacked out on the opposite end of the couch. I guess we both needed some beauty sleep.

Dinner was KFC/Tace Bell since I'd cooked at lunch and the kitchen was clean. I hate dirtying up a perfectly clean kitchen. Don't you? Putt Putt was nearly empty so after dinner, I let the kids play a round of golf. I gave up counting strokes after the 2nd hole. My kids don't hit the ball, they kind of nudge it along in one single motion until it's in the hole. I got tired of trying to show them how and just let them have fun. We had speed baths since we were late getting home and I had everyone in bed and asleep before I started hearing the boom boom of fireworks.

Today, we headed to church and Caden had a good time. He went into his room without looking back or giving me a hug. Little meany - I wanted a hug. We hadn't been in 2 weeks because of laziness and airport duty. The sermon was good today - all about Joy. I spent the afternoon cleaning and playing with the kids. Jaelyn and I had a Sequence tournament. I won 3-2, but that last game was tough! She's good.

Next week, we will be busy. We have swim lessons Monday and Wednesday. Anna is coming on Tuesday for my lonely time (yea) and then Thursday is a big day. Jaelyn is getting her braces in the morning AND RICH, JENNIFER AND THE KIDS ARE COMING TO VISIT. Yes, I'm yelling because I'm so excited. They are staying through the weekend and I think heading out on Monday. It's going to be so much fun. I know we are going to DC one day. I'm not sure what we'll do the rest of the time, but who cares because my bestest friend will be here!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do all that by yourself! I'm exhausted just reading it! Thank God Dan will be home soon. Sounds like you're having a blast with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt those guys ever catch anything right there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that photo of Allie with the flower behind her ear!

    ReplyDelete