Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2009

In An Attempt to Catch Up

We have been busy. I've stayed kind of caught up, but I know I've missed out on blogging a few things. After Jennifer's family left, we had a week of VBS (or PBS as Jaelyn calls it) at the Crock Dock at Christ Our King (Caden's preschool). That was so much fun. I helped out 2 days. The kids are now rocking out in the car to their songs. They know the words and motions. We look for God sighting. The biggest, kind of funny, thing is Caden's description of Jesus on the cross. Apparently during Bible Study, they emphasized how bloody it was when they nailed him to the cross. He kept describing the blood to me. He seemed to be quite impressed that Jesus bled so badly. Caden can also now finish the story with the empty tomb. They learned a lot.
Last week, the day of my peach cobbler obsession, we also went blueberry picking with friends. It was hot, but great fun. I now have 3 lbs of blueberries for all kinds of yummy treats. So far, we've added them to cereal and waffles. I think the kids ate as many as they picked. It reminded of the children's book Blueberries for Sal. Berry picking is going on my list of activities. Next year, strawberry picking is going to be a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment