Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Jaelyn the Diver

In June, I wrote that Jaelyn refused to take swim lessons. She had a huge fear of getting her face wet and absolutely refused to go under water. She would cling to me in 3 feet of water. She would jump to me, but only if I caught her way up out of the water. Well...today, Jaelyn DOVE into the pool off the diving board in the 12 foot deep end and then swam doggy style and under water to the ladder with me no where near her! It was a pretty good one handed dive too (she's still holding her nose SOME of the time). She's gone from refusing to let me float her on her back and being so tense and stressed when I made her with her head way up in the air to asking me to float her and laying back like it's the easiest thing in the world to do. She learned how to do a front roll underwater today and can swim down to retrieve rings. Wow! I am so impressed! It's unbelievable. I thought I only had 2 fish, but I think Jaelyn has sprouted her fins and gills. No video from today since I was in the water, but tomorrow is the last day of swim lessons so I'll get proof of her diving and rolling abilities!

2 comments: