Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Abandoned


I must admit that I took this picture yesterday, but I loved it so I'm posting it today. Maybe I'll find a second something to snap today as well. It didn't turn out as well as I wanted. I loved their bikes abandoned on the sidewalk in a pile...traded in for the swings. I sharpened the bikes and blurred everything else just a tad in photoshop - I'm determined to find my camera's manual so I can learn to fine tune the focus w/ the camera. I'm happy with the finished product, though.

7 comments:

  1. I really like it Kelly! It captures a really neat idea/concept which is what great photos do right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a FABulous picture! I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you sharpened the focus on the bikes! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool pic! Oh the wonderful days of summer...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you did this photo Kelly. Such vivid, striking colours on the bikes and I like how you softened the background. It almost has an eerie feel of abandonment to it, yet the kids playing happily on the swings brings it to life. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete