Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Tires and Such

When planning a thousand mile road trip, over the holidays no less, there is a lot of preparation.  The oil in the car must be changed.  The tires must get inspected...FAILED.  The best deal on tires that we could find was at the Toyota dealership, shockingly enough.  It makes sense to go there because I also get the oil changed there and they can rotate the tires while they are changing the oil.  Win win for me and my tires will last longer.  Yesterday was my planned day for Toyota and errands after Caden had stayed home from school sick the day before.  I got to Toyota at 10 for my appointment and sat with my book to wait.  At noon, my service rep came to tell me they'd just looked at my tires and they didn't order the right ones.  Someone was on their way to another store to pick them up.  Seriously...how long does it take my Toyota dealership to change a tire, you wonder???  Apparently, it takes them one hour and 5 minutes each AND I was getting FOUR tires.  Do I need to say seriously again?  I talked with the service manager and I did get a coupon for a free outside detail and wax job, but still.  Four and a half hours of my life was gone.  I got home in time to pick up a few things before the kids came busting through the door.

Errands will have to be today unless the medicine I just took for this stupid cold kicks in the wrong way and makes me want to sleep.  At this rate, I'm not sure we are ever going to hit the road to Florida.

4 comments:

  1. Kelly, You have to get everything done. When you feel bad and are on the verge of getting sick, just think about how you described a day at the spa to me. Once you get to Florida, you'll know all the effort was worth it. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAIT! HOLD YOUR HORSES!?! WHERE IN FLORIDA WILL YOU BE???? WE FLY DOWN THAT AWAYS TOMORROW MORNING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO FAIR... two friends in my beloved Flordia, and here I am in Texas!

    You rock on the car stuff. I totally make Scott do all of it. I suppose I need to learn soon though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i so think queenie should fly to florida this week. just for a day.

    ReplyDelete