This has been a great week. We've done what we normally do when Grandpa and Baba come to town; we've played and had a ball. Mom has needed to be distracted, and I can't think of a better way to distract her than to take her shopping. I've finished shopping for just about everyone on my shopping list and I helped my parents find something for the kids.
We took the kids to see Tangled on Sunday and it got 14 thumbs up! The girls loved the whole princess thing and Caden loved the fighting and chase scenes. It was a great story without all the rude humor and bad language that are so prevelant in kids' movies these days. It'll be one I buy to keep.
Dan and I have also managed a date night. Those are few and far between for us so it was a real treat. We had dinner at PF Changs before heading to see the new Harry Potter movie. I'm not sure Dan appreciated me squeezing his hand, but I appreciated him not snatching it away. There were some tense moments.
Anywho, we've taught Baba and Grandpa how to play Mancala and had an Uno tournament last night. The next few days will be filled with lounging with library books and the nights will be filled with kids' activities. We are thinking of visiting Port Discovery on Saturday and then Baba and Grandpa are heading home on Sunday. They'll have a few weeks to get their house straightened out before we head that way for Christmas. Then they've bought tickets to come help when Allie has her surgery mid-January. After that, we'll be heading back to Pensacola in February for a quick weekend to celebrate my Grandpa's 90th birthday. I think I'm blocking out March as a month to sit at home and do nothing :).
And go through withdrawl. I know you've enjoyed this as much as we have. Mom
ReplyDelete