Pages

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Great Start to Our Day

I heard the whispering start about 5:30 this morning.  It took just a few minutes before I heard tiptoes down the hallway.  Instead of looking for presents, the kids went to their little cookie table.  I heard Jaelyn loudly say "Hey, Santa didn't take my picture or the Santa I made him."  She was very put out.  She came to tell me he left a note but she couldn't read it.  I asked if he left presents and eyes got big.  They'd forgotten all about the presents.  The kids ran back into the living room and turned on the light.  Squeals of delight erupted.  Santa did good.  Jaelyn and Allie got new dolls and Caden got a huge Yoda stuffed animal.

The kids were made to eat breakfast and wait around while the grown ups took showers and got pretty for pictures :).



Better watch out for Caden Fett.  He's armed and dangerous.

 Jaelyn and her new doll, Elizabeth.
Allie ripping into a package and discovering a custom made doll bed.
 Baba and Grandpa out did themselves.  Our dolls will be sleeping in style.  The beds also stack into bunks.

We are off to a good start.  Next up for the day is Dan's huge family lunch.  Nana is one of 9 and all the siblings, spouses, children, great grandchildren and anyone even remotely related get together every year.  It's a mad house with up to 100 people some years.  After the craziness, I'm taking a nap.  I would love to say the kids are going to take a nap too, but that hasn't happened in years so I think they'll have some down time with a movie.  After we've recharged, we'll head to Dan's parent's house for dinner with his immediate family and more present opening!  Oh the excitement!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Sounds like you've had a fun one already. Just wanted to say I love the photo of you - great angle - and the one of Caden Fett is pretty awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those beds are amazing

    ReplyDelete