Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Child's Good-bye

My kids were unhappy that they couldn't come home when Grandma Molly died.  They were close to her and were sad.  The kids have written her letters and drawn her pictures.  They asked if they could take her flowers to the cemetery.  My mom bought a beautiful bouquet of poinsettias for them to take yesterday.

It's still hard for me to comprehend that she isn't here.  In Maryland, I can live in denial if I want.  Well, as long as I don't drive to the commissary, I can live in denial.  I always called her to visit on the drive home.  Anyway, being here, I keep thinking about when we can go visit her and then it hits me that we can't.  We went to her house yesterday.  All the personal items are gone and the house has been staged to look good for potential buyers.  It's just sad.  I miss her and missing her makes me miss my Grandpa Tommy all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment