Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

The Road Trip

This was the best road trip by far we've ever made.  I love that my kids are old enough to entertain themselves.  I have distant memories of Jaelyn screaming non-stop from Atlanta to Pensacola.  THOSE were long road trips.

Dan got home about 2:30 am on Saturday morning; so he slept and I got the car as packed as I could.  Once he was up, packed and had filed his travel voucher at work, we piled into the car and headed for the interstate.  I'd say we left town around 2ish.  We didn't make it very far on day one.  I have no idea where we stopped actually.  It was somewhere in Virginia about 250 miles from our house.  That's not very far for a 1,000 mile road trip.

For entertainment, the kids had coloring books, ipod shuffles,DSs, activity books, toys, 2 DVD players, an Ipod nano with movies loaded on it, an Ipad and 2 Iphones with kid apps.  I also bought old timey headphones that go over your head instead of ear buds that start to hurt little ears after a while. I think we were well covered :)  Normally I spend the trip in the back with the kids playing "entertainment director," but this time, I road in the front with Dan in peace and quiet.  The storage cubbies I made worked great!  I need to modify that just a tad, but I think we'll keep using them.



Sunday was a long day, but we made minimal stops and arrived around 8 pm.  We are so excited to be here.  It's going to be a great Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment