Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Cheer with me, "Red and Yellow, Red and Yellow"

Last year, as we drove to Medieval Times on Thanksgiving Day, Caden called Baba and asked her if she would go with us.  Since they were 1000 miles away, it didn't work out, but she promised she'd try to come this year.  In the fall, they made the decision to stay home to help my Grandma.  After she passed away unexpectedly, my parents decided they needed to get out of town for a few days.  They hopped on a plane and flew here on Thanksgiving Day.  We went to Medieval Times tonight.  It was amazing.  My parents got a kick out of seeing the excitement in the kids.  They yelled right along with us; although, admittedly not nearly as loud.  I think I annoyed my dad a tad :p.  We drank soup out of bowls and ate with our hands, all the while cheering for the Red and Yellow Knight and booing the Green Knight.





Sadly, our Knight died before the end of the show, but our most hated enemy, the Green Knight, was defeated by the champion, the Black and White Knight (who has a special spot in my heart as he was my knight on my very first trip to Medieval Times).  Jaelyn and Caden watched and cheered, but they didn't enjoy the experience any where near as much as Allie did.  It's one of those things I knew I couldn't explain so I recorded her.  Take a peak...



So, anyone want to visit us next year to take part in our Thanksgiving Tradition?  It's lots of fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment